Step back to a simpler time as you enter The 1900 House, capturing the spirit of the romantic Victorian era. Bill and Sandy Panzeri invite you to be their guest and discover Bed and Breakfast comfort and hospitality. The friendly, knowledgeable innkeepers since 1989 will help ensure your stay is a pleasure. Bill is eager to fill you in on all the colorful local characters and lore while Sandy creates a delicious gourmet breakfast served in the beautiful dining room.
Footsteps away from a favorite Victorian spot, The 1900 House retains the charm and grace of a bygone era. During your visit, you are invited to peruse the many antiques throughout the house… enjoy the porch in the warm weather, shower “under the stars” in the outdoor enclosed shower…sample anything from Bill’s garden…and just relax. There is a TV in each guest room and a guest refrigerator in the porch. A full gourmet breakfast is served 8:30 to 9:30 am.
We are located just a block and a half from the ocean. A leisurely walk will take you to fine dining and Memorial Park, where summer weekends bustle with art shows, Civil War re-enactments, seafood festivals and carnival. On Friday evenings, the gazebo is filled with live music.
A short ride to Narragansett’s authentic Fishing Port will offer you charter boats, tour boats and seafood at its freshest. The Point Judith Lighthouse clings to the southern tip of Narragansett and provides a spectacular view of the ocean.
Historians can walk to the South County Museum and the Victorian Towers. A short ride will take you to Smith’s Castle, Gilbert Stuart Museum and the Museum of Primitive Arts and Culture.
Golfers have a choice of eleven different courses in the area.
Naturalists marvel at the unspoiled scenery and wildlife at nearby conservation and wildlife refuges.
Students, Parents and Alumni are attracted to our many colleges and universities with their many cultural and sports activities. The University of Rhode Island is 15 minutes away, while Providence is home to Brown University, the Rhode Island School of Design, and Johnson & Wales University just 35 minutes away.
Tourists will typically take the 20-minute drive to Newport, the vacationland resort of the Victorian rich and famous. Explore the historic sites and mansions along the cliff walk and antique shops, stop to watch a movie being filmed, and then return to the tranquility of The 1900 House.
- Breakfast: Full three-course gourmet candle-lit breakfast served 8:30 – 9:30 am
- Rooms: All rooms include cable television and a centrally located guest refrigerator for convenience. All guest rooms are air conditioned.
- Free WiFi
- Beach badges, towels and chairs provided.
- Shower under the stars in the outdoor enclosed shower.
- Rates: Range from $140 for The Frederick to $185 for The Tara Suite in-season, May through November. Rates based on double occupancy and subject to change without notice.
- Special rates off-season
- Free night coupon: In-season, stay six nights and be our guest on the seventh.
- Open all year
- Reservations: Reservations are recommended at least three weeks in advance. Call (401) 789-7971. In-season minimum stay is two nights on weekends.
- Payment: Personal checks, traveler’s checks, cash and credit cards accepted.
- Cancellation policy: Cancellation with refund will be honored two weeks prior to reservation. $25 cancellation fee.
- Restrictions: Smoking is not permitted. Older children welcome. No pets.
- Recreation & activites: Nature walks, water sports, tennis and golf nearby.
From the North: Route 95 South to exit 9 (left-hand exit) onto Route 4. Follow until it merges with Route 1 South. Continue 8 miles to Narragansett exit. Turn left at the light and enter the rotary.
From the South: Route 95 North to Connecticut exit 92. Turn right onto Route 2 for 2.5 miles to Route 78. East 4 miles to Route 1 North. Follow 20 miles to Narragansett exit. Turn right off exit. At the second light, turn left onto Route 108 North, and enter the rotary.
At the Rotary: follow signs to Narragansett. At the next light turn right onto Kingstown Road.